Accounts Assistant - Due to continued growth, this inspirational charity in West London is looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant to join its small finance function with an opportunity to learn from its experienced Finance Director. The role will include supporting the Finance Director with:
- Ensuring that income, expenses and banking transactions are properly controlled and recorded to correct cost centres and general ledger codes.
- Handling supplier invoices, expense claims and credit card expenses.
- Posting and reconcile all bank accounts (multi-currency accounts).
- Ensuring VAT is correctly recorded (for VAT accounting and Tax codes)
- Maintaining the Accounts payable and receivable ledgers, resolve queries with customers and vendors, following up on overdue debtors and setting up payment runs
- Liaising with the fundraising team on incoming monies via donations and reconciling revenue receivable.
- Providing vital support in the preparation of monthly management accounts, producing balance sheet reconciliations, maintaining nominal accounting records, querying and reconciling intercompany re-charges
- Ensuring compliance with charity law and regulations, and reflect best practice
The position will suit a capable all round Accounts Assistant from a small to medium sized business with strong systems knowledge.