Accounts Assistant - Our client is a long established and growing business near Victoria that sourced and supplies high quality products to major retail customers. Due to internal restructuring, they are looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant to join their small finance team. Key tasks include:
- Processing a large volume of sales invoices for retail customers on a daily basis.
- Finalising invoicesand checking nominal ledger codes on Xero
- Following up on queries with our main customer and with our commercial team.
- Assisting accounts team with some other aspects of finance
- Processing and allocating payment receipts
- Bank reconciliations
- Reconciling customer accounts
- Sending out customer statements
- Dealing with a variety of customer payment queries.
The successful candidate must:
- Have at least 1 year’s processing experience in sales or purchase ledger
- Possess some knowledge of Xero or Sage.
- Have knowledge of Excel and generally comfortable with using software
- Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy with a good attention to detail
- Be conscientious and proactive, taking the initiative where needed.
- Show sufficient confidence to follow up on queries and have the verbal and written communication skills to do this.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an interesting organisation.