Assistant Accountant:- Our client is an impressive £150m Property Investment company in C. London with ambitious plans, with an enviable portfolio of high profile properties across the UK. Key to its expansion will be the recruitment of an ambitious Accounts Assistant / Assistant Accountant to support its impressive Head of Finance – an ideal opportunity to learn everything in accounts from an experienced qualified Accountant. You will be given increasing responsibility to help with your ACCA/CIMA/AAT studies as you settle in and make an impression.
The Assistant Accountant role will initially include below.
Higher level work will follow. As you progress in this role, you will learn about management accounts, P&L, balance sheet, cash flow forecasting, working capital management, statutory accounting, corporation tax, VAT, budgeting, year-end, acquisitions etc
- Purchase ledger, reconciliations, supplier queries and the sign off process
- Bank reconciliations and intercompany reconciliations
- Monitor cash movement and intercompany transactions
- Assist with cash flow forecasting
- Accounting for capital and revenue items
- VAT reconciliations and generate sales invoices and liaise with tenants
- Assist month end and year end processes liaising with external auditors
- Assisting with the provision of due diligence information for acquisitions
- Work with Xero, Excel and property management software
You should be an ambitious Accounts Assistant / Assistant Accountant studying ACCA/CIMA/AAT and you will need to demonstrate a good understanding of double entry bookkeeping (debits and credits) gained in your experience to date and from your studies. As you progress in this role, you will learn about P&L, balance sheet, cash flow forecasting, working capital management, statutory accounting, corporation tax, VAT, budgeting, year-end, acquisitions etc
Some experience working in the Property sector would be useful but not essential and experience of working in a group with intercompany accounting would be a bonus. (Ref 4704)