Bookkeeper - Chartered Accountants
Watford | £25,000 - £30,000 + benefits | #4492
Bookkeeper - This successful firm of Chartered Accountants based in Watford that acts for a number of corporate and private clients is looking to strengthen its Client Bookkeeping department by recruiting an experienced Bookkeeping to join its team.
The position is extremely varied and includes:
• Double entry-bookkeeping, where a thorough understanding is a must.
• Producing management accounts.
• Posting sales invoices and maintenance of the sales ledger.
• Posting purchase ledger invoices and maintenance of the bought ledger.
• Posting bank receipts and bank payments, including the reconciliation of all bank accounts.
• Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and the ability to reconcile VAT returns back to nominal ledger; therefore, it is ideal to have knowledge of allowable VAT input tax.
• Reconciling PAYE control accounts.
• Processing monthly prepayments and accruals.
The successful candidate will have at least two years Bookkeeping experience ideally from a professional services company as well as a thorough understanding of double entry bookkeeping and knowledge of Excel and QuickBooks or Xero, as well as a flexible approach to daily tasks. Working on both in-house jobs and travelling to clients’ premises, the successful candidate must therefore be able to deal with clients and be able to solve problems on their own; good communication skills are essential. There is an exceptional benefits package in place including private health insurance, life assurance and a pension.
Go back to jobs