Bookkeeper - This North London based charity / not-for-profit organisation is looking to recruit an experienced Bookkeeper to join its small finance team and work 4 days a week. The responsibilities are varied and you will play a key role in assisting the Finance Manager with the day to day running of the finance function. Key duties include:
- The timely and accurate processing of data required to produce regular management accounts.
- Ensuring that accurate records are kept for the sales and purchase ledgers and
that these are reconciled to the nominal ledger.
- Producing accounts to trial balance on a monthly basis, ensuring a reliable audit trail
- Processing the payroll for the group
- Maintenance of the computerised cash book and daily reconciliation with bank statements
- for sterling bank accounts and monthly for foreign currency bank accounts.
- Ensuring that accurate records are kept for the sales ledger and post sales invoices.
- Ensuring that the correct figures are included for grants, donations and for internal and external recharges.
- Preparation of month end Journals.
- Produce monthly trial balance for the management accounts file
- Ensuring that the general ledger reconciles to the management accounts extract.
- Assist the Financial Manager and the auditors on the preparation of Annual Accounts, to ensure that all records and documents are properly filed, all nominal ledger accounts are reconciled and that the balance on each account can be explained.
The successful candidate will be a capable Bookkeeper, (looking to work 4 days a week) with strong relevant experience who is happy to work in a charity / not for profit business. Strong IT skills are also important as is the ability to communicate with a number of people in the organisation and some of its key departments. This is an excellent opportunity to join a diverse charity in a friendly working environment. The charity offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.