Our client, based in North West London, is a £10m Charity providing social, welfare, financial and community support to individuals and families across the UK. Funded by an international organisation, the charity makes a significant impact to the welfare and education of its community.
Due to retirement, the charity is looking for its next Finance Director to work as No 2 to the CEO on the Senior Management Team and take a lead operational and financial role within the organisation. The role will include:-
- Responsible for all accounting, budgeting, reporting and systems in respect of the charity and its agencies and international contacts, ensuring a robust internal control environment.
- Manage and supervise a team of ten incorporating Finance, Grant Administration, Programme Reporting and Financial Analysis
- Preparation and presentation of management accounts, annual budget, forecasts and longer term plans and commentary for presentation to Trustee board and Finance Committee
- Preparation of statutory accounts, liaising with internal and external auditors; oversee the internal audit process, liaising with chairs of the Finance, Audit & Risk and Investment committees
- Operational management and analysis of grant applications and oversee disbursal of funding in accordance with eligibility
- Monitor and manage cash flow in conjunction with investment committee
- Submission of annual returns to the Charity Commission, FSA and HMRC; maintain contact with the charity’s insurance broker for annual reviews; management of payroll, liaising with HR
- Management, with HR, of member legacies; liaison with executors, preparation of legacy schedule
- Various other administrative, financial and operational responsibilities
This role will suit an experienced qualified accountant seeking an all-round high-level financial and operational role, who has an empathy and sensitivity for charity and social care. A senior credible approach is essential to develop trusting relationships with strategic funding partners and international government agencies.