Privately owned £5m business in Richmond with several sites and revenue streams, seeks an enthusiastic Accountant as its Finance Manager.
Reporting to the Chief Executive and working with the General Managers in the business, this hands-on role will take full ownership of the finance function, ensuring strong controls and accurate financial reporting to include :-
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, P&L, balance sheet etc for the owner
- Management of working capital, producing accurate weekly cash flows
- Manage two accounts staff and oversee all supplier payments
- Monthly reconciliations and quarterly VAT returns
- Accounting for stock and fixed assets and manage the payroll process
- Manage and develop the use of Sage and gain understanding of booking/EPOS systems
- Preparing and monitoring budgets and ad hoc financial analysis for the business
- Liaise with external accountants re annual statutory accounts and tax
- Take responsibility for IT and HR matters in this small business
An experienced Accountant / Finance Manager / Financial Controller is required with the ability and confidence to run a small finance function and report directly to a Chief Executive. You should be commercially aware and have leadership qualities. In return, you will have a varied and interesting role in a solid enjoyable leisure environment with an opportunity for the role to grow.