Finance Manager - Our client is an impressive £150m Property Investment company with ambitious plans and an enviable portfolio of high profile properties across the UK.
Key to its expansion will be the recruitment of an ambitious part qualified or recently qualified Finance Manager to support the Finance Director. You will be given increasing responsibility as you settle in and make an impression. The role will include:
- Assist with preparation of quarterly management accounts and consolidated portfolio reports
- Overseeing the work of an accounts assistant, ensuring all cash/sales/purchase transactions are correctly recorded in the SPVs
- Balance sheet reconciliations, identification and recognition of capital/revenue expenditure, managing accruals and deferred income adjustments
- Assist with cash flow forecasting and preparation of development budgets
- Running development finance facilities and running a small company payroll
- Assisting with accounting for internal reorganisations, acquisitions and disposals
- Preparation and submission of VAT and CIS returns across the Group
- Liaising with external service charge accountants
- Contribute to systems development and improvement
- Ad hoc duties and learn from the Finance Director
You should be an ambitious part qualified ACCA / CIMA (or recently qualified) Finance Manager / Management Accountant / Assistant Accountant and you will need to demonstrate a strong technical accounting ability. As you progress in this role, you will learn more from the Finance Director more about P&L, balance sheet, cash flow forecasting, working capital management, statutory accounting, corporation tax, VAT, budgeting, year-end, acquisitions etc
2 - 3 years' experience as an Assistant Accountant / Management Accountant / Finance Manager in the Property sector is essential and experience of working in a multi-company group with intercompany accounting and Xero would be a bonus.