Finance Manager - This dynamic high profile London-based Art Gallery, has an excellent opportunity for a Finance Manager to join its small team. This is sole charge finance role reporting to the Directors and Artists with responsibilities such as:
- Management Accounts for the business and separate reporting for each artist.
- Weekly cash flow reports
- VAT Returns
- Monthly reconciliation of all control accounts including petty cash
- Maintaining artists' ledger accounts
- Annual budget and cash flow
- Financial data analysis and reporting
- Liaise with auditors regarding statutory accounts
- General bookkeeping on Sage including paying suppliers, credit control and bank reconciliations.
- Liaising internally with senior management and artists as well as externally with customers and the Auditors on all financial matters.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a sole charge Finance Manager in a small business. Exposure to a commercial art gallery would be useful but not essential, although an interest in working for an Arts Gallery is essential. You must have strong communication skills and the ability to communicate with non-accounts staff in a careful diplomatic way. Strong systems skills are a must as well as the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a busy forward thinking art gallery at an exciting time of its evolution