Impressive privately-owned £200m Property Investment and Development Company in Central London has created a new opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller / Head of Finance to join its Management team. The company has experienced enviable growth, with an impressive acquisition strategy in both the retail and commercial markets in London and other prime locations across the UK.
Reporting to the CEO and COO, the new Financial Controller / Head of Finance is key to the continued growth of the business as the Board plans further portfolio expansion, significant developments and the setting up of a property fund. The new Financial Controller / Head of Finance can ultimately become the Finance Director of the business.
The role will include:-
- Management of a small team in finance, overseeing all bookkeeping, processing, banking, payments, general ledger transactions, VAT, CIS and month-end procedures
- Preparation and presentation of the monthly board pack at Board Meetings, providing management accounts and key management information and KPIs
- Preparation of budget forecasts and monitoring against actual performance as required on a regular basis, working closely with budget holders and managers
- Implementation of Xero and ongoing development of management information systems, procedures, controls and reporting to aid decision-making and long term planning.
- Assess and review the financial performance of the portfolio and individual assets, building robust financial models and contribute to the structuring and analysis of debt and equity finance in the business
- Set up and manage all ongoing SPVs and statutory procedures, consistently reviewing the Group's accounting requirements to ensure timely meeting of all statutory accounting obligations
- Preparation of information in relation to tax compliance, liaising with tax advisors in relation corporation tax self-assessment quarterly payment regime and trust income tax
Key to this role will be the ability to work closely with the Board as part of the Management team, to ensure quality management information aids decision-making and facilitates further expansion as the company seeks to expand its portfolio and grow its asset base.
As Financial Controller / Head of Finance, you will be a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, ACMA, CIMA) with experience in the Property / Real Estate sector in either investment or development. Prospects are excellent with this ambitious growing entrepreneurial Property business.