Financial Controller (Property Investment): Our client is a High Net Worth Family Property Investment Business in North London with a range of property across the residential and commercial sectors, held in various statutory entities and joint ventures.
This is an ideal role for an experienced qualified Accountant from the Property investment sector, seeking a long term stable Financial Controller role.
A stable hands-on position, this Financial Controller role will include:-
- Day to day running of accounting function, ensuring all transactions are up to date and regular reconciliations are performed.
- Ownership of full month end management accounting; including maintenance of general ledger, month-end close, production of reporting, accruals and prepayments management, reconciliations and analysis of profit & loss and balance sheet.
- Cash flow management and reporting through update of forecasts and management of bank accounts.
- Control and management of deposit schemes and associated compliance requirements.
- Preparation and filing of all annual returns at Companies House for the group.
- Managing all tax compliance requirements for the group including preparation and submission of VAT returns, PAYE, and Corporation Tax.
- Manage company payroll requirements and oversight of Directors' personal tax affairs.
- Work with external accountants to prepare and file the annual audited financial statements.
- Develop and enhance financial systems constantly driving efficiencies and improvements.
- Support the directors on strategy and planning and review of investment opportunities.
- Liaise with property management staff and other stakeholders and partners across the business.
This Financial Controller role will suit a hands-on qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, ACMA, CIMA) with experience in the Property Investment sector (essential), looking for a solid stable role with a successful long established business. Strong IT skills are important including Excel and Sage / Qube or similar.