Our client is a small, private, family-owned Property Development company delivering prime Residential multiple developments in London. The company has a wealth of experience with a highly skilled Management team.
Due to continued growth, the company is seeking a Financial Controller to be a part of the Senior Management Team, who will report to the Founder/Director and liaise closely with the external accountants.
The new Financial Controller will have responsibility for the entire day to day accounting function including:-
- Oversee and manage the outsourced bookkeeping providers
- Preparing budgets, monthly accounts and analysis for various entities
- Ensure all financial transactions are properly and accurately recorded
- First contact point for creditors queries and prepare payments for authorisation;
- Oversee payroll and liaise with external bureau providers;
- Co-ordinate with the Group's auditors to ensure an effective audits;
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems and processes
- Liaise with third party accountants, and HMRC, in particular all aspects of VAT and CIS;
- Involvement in monthly drawdowns, liaising with funder's monitoring surveyor
- Prepare monthly, bi-annual and annual reports to identify results, trends and financial forecasts;
- Prepare Investor and JV reports, showing movements in development costs;
- Prepare cash flow forecasts and ensure operating procedures and controls of development
- Assist the Development Director in preparing presentation reports to the Senior Management;
- Assist the Director with strategy, budgeting, treasury and re-financing as appropriate.
As Financial Controller, you will be a qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA accountant with experience in Property / Real Estate, preferably with development and joint venture experience. A strong attention to detail is required and the ability to work unsupervised.