Financial Controller (support the MD) - Our client is a well-established and high profile £8m branded business in London's West End operating a range of creative services, together with retail and wholesale of niche products from a number of locations and business units.
The company has created an exciting opportunity for an experienced Accountant as Financial Controller, to bring the finance function fully in-house and work as a Number One in Finance.
Reporting closely with the MD, the position will involve:
- Providing strategic financial advice to the MD
- Producing monthly management accounts, within specific timetable.
- Producing management information and analysis for decision making
- Producing and manage annual budgets effectively
- Producing cash flow forecasts and managing working capital
- Preparing financial reports for directors meetings.
- Ensuring month end reports are complete for all departments and trading companies
- Preparing accruals and prepayments and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and submission for each company
- Monitoring cash flow and report to the director on a weekly basis.
- Overseeing two Accounts Assistants
- Carrying out ad-hoc projects as specified by the MD.
The position will suit an experienced hands on Accountant, Finance Manager or Financial Controller (Qualified or QBE) from a similar small to medium sized business, seeking a new challenge, partnering an MD and providing quality strategic financial input.
Strong IT and communication skills are essential, as is a proven experience of overseeing a small finance function. A retail or stock based background would be useful but is not essential.