Our client is a £20m group in the Leisure, Travel and Event sector with around 80 staff. A busy and vibrant business, it services over 400 customers offering expertise in almost all areas of the Travel agency industry. Reporting to an impressive CEO, the new Financial Controller (a No 1 role) will work as part of the executive team to drive the business forward.
Responsible for the financial management and financial controls within the business, the role will include:-
Management and development of a team of 7 in finance with 2 direct reports
- Lead and design a new state-of-the-art financial reporting system (Sage 200)
- Provide key financial analysis and reports, monitoring performance to aid corporate objectives
- Preparation of the annual budget, partnering budget holders and executive team
- Cash flow forecasting, oversee group treasury and ensure cash management is optimised
- Oversee compliance for all group financial regulatory matters (CAA, ABTA etc)
- Ensure strong internal controls and be the point of contact for auditors, banks and external parties
- Ad hoc reports and activities alongside the CEO and business heads
This key role requires an experienced qualified Financial Controller (ACA, ACCA, ACMA, CIMA) with the gravitas to operate at the highest of levels, but also with hands-on technical and systems expertise to ensure high levels of financial support to the business. It is likely the successful Financial Controller will have at least 5 – 10 years relevant experience in a similar role, now ready for a new and exciting challenge with a strong management team in a highly respected business. You will need the passion to identify business improvement and transform a finance function through systems and process change, alongside a strong commercial acumen and excellent communication skills.
The company offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package which includes flexible working, pension, health cover, gym contributions, flexible holiday entitlement, death in service and others.