HYBRID - This successful family run business in Hertfordshire / North London (Hybrid working) in Ecommerce and Wholesale products, turnover £15m, is seeking an impressive Head of Finance / Financial Controller as the company grows.
This Head of Finance / Financial Controller role reports directly to the Board and will take responsibility for all financial reporting, overseeing a team of 2 - 3 finance / accounts staff.
The new Head of Finance / Financial Controller will pro-actively develop the finance function in line with the growth of the business including:
- Lead the sourcing, implementation and roll out of new accounting / ERP software.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and management information.
- Develop a robust budget and forecasting process to aid decision making.
- Involvement in commercial arrangements, business partnering across the business.
- Primary contact for banking relationships and managing working capital.
- Managing and developing a team of 2 - 3 finance / accounts staff
- Hands-on involvement in accounting, general ledger, VAT and reconciliations
- Overall responsibility for the revenue, receivables and payables cycles.
- Manage the control environment, overseeing spend approvals and expenditure policy
- Own the finance infrastructure, ensuring processes and controls are scalable and automated
- Manage relationship with external payroll company and external accountants
Experience and capability required as follows:
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Financial management including overseeing transactions, invoicing and credit control.
- SME experience with a background in process and controls implementation.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Excellent financial modelling and Excel skills.
Prospects for promotion are excellent in a company growing its geography and product portfolio and routes to market.