Human Resources role (FT or PT):- Our client is a highly successful interior design contractor and construction business in North West London with an enviable Blue Chip client base across the commercial, retail and leisure sectors, with projects ranging from £50,000 to tens of millions. The company has around 150 staff and is renowned for its consistent delivery of significant capital projects of quality and value.
The company is looking to appoint an experienced Human Resources professional to support the business across all aspects of human resources and recruitment. We have a growing team of 150 personnel across design, surveying, operations, construction, production, logistics, sales, finance, IT and administration, in two office and industrial facilities.
Reporting to the Board, the role will include:-
- Oversee recruitment across operational teams, devising job descriptions, preparing job adverts, sourcing candidates, shortlisting and interviewing alongside managers.
- Preparation of offer letters and managing employment checks and referencing
- Responsible for contract preparation and all employee documentation in line with the relevant legislation
- Manage the onboarding process and implement an induction programme for new employees
- Maintain employee records and employment contracts including archived files in accordance with GDPR
- Support managers with performance management and disciplinary meetings and procedures
- Support managers with employee relations and capability issues
- Maintaining attendance records for payroll and disciplinary requirements
- Research and advise on pay, benefits and other rewards and remuneration
- Point of contact for training and development issues
- Support the Head of Health & Safety with health and safety issues
- Outsource aspects of HR to external HR providers, including regular update of the company policy and procedures manual, update of disciplinary, grievance, performance management and dismissal processes and ensure adherence to employment law regulations
- A self-starter with at least 5 years relevant HR experience
- Experience in Construction or similar environment
- Well organised and focused with strong integrity and credibility
- Ability to build rapport with staff at all levels
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential as are strong communication skills and attention to detail.
This is an excellent sole Human Resources role in a quality workplace where you will have a significant impact on the business and work with a successful and motivated team of experienced Managers and Directors who take pride in the quality of their work and service. Flexible working is possible, on either a full time or part time basis.