Management Accountant - our client is a food manufacturing company (T/O £20m) based in C. London, supplying the high-end retail market, highly regarded and growing steadily year on year.
The company is looking for a Management Accountant (the middle person in an accounts department of 3 people) in a friendly and professional environment. The role is based in the office, but with flexibility to work at home on occasion with prior agreement.
The role will suit a part qualified PQ ACCA/CIMA or an AAT candidate, looking to study further.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Management Accountant will be responsible for:
- Preparation of monthly management accounting reports using Xero software;
- Monthly COS calculations and processing of monthly journals;
- Preparation monthly stock reports (stock valuation and duty rate calculation) using excel;
- Preparation of quarterly aged stock report;
- Assisting with annual statutory audit;
- Supporting financial processes, including expense administration and payroll;
- Processing purchase invoices, including verification of accuracy, approval and payment;
- Weekly payment run using Pay Wise;
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT return;
- Providing administrative support and ad hoc reports when required;
- Training and supporting junior staff when required.
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least two years' experience in a management accounting role;
- Be part qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA or AAT qualified;
- Have experience with Xero accounting software and excellent excel skills;
- Possess problem-solving attitude and ability to work under own initiative;
- Be able to multi-task, organise a varied workload and work to deadlines;
- Have excellent written and oral communication;
- Be happy to work in a small team, with flexibility to take on new tasks/skillsets.
Please apply if you have a solid work record and some relevant management accounting experience. A generous salary is on offer plus study support after a qualifying period.