Part Time Accounts Assistant - our client is a food manufacturing company (T/O £20m) based in C. London, supplying the high-end retail market, highly regarded and growing steadily year on year.
The company is looking for a Part Time Accounts Assistant to assist in processing the large volume of invoices generated on a daily basis. The role is for 15 hours per week worked over 3 days, ideally Monday, Tuesday and Thursday (but flexible). It is based at their C. London office with flexibility to work from home on occasion with prior agreement.
The main responsibilities will be as follows:
- Checking receiving advices against information generated by storage and logistics partner.
- Amending Pos in the EDI system (One Time Portal) where required
- Creating invoices from PoDs
- Finalising invoices in Xero (also checking nominal ledger code)
- Reconciling Bank to invoices
- Following up on queries with main customer and with commercial team.
- Assisting accounts team with some other aspects of finance
The successful candidate must:
- Have at least 1 year's processing experience (sales or purchase ledger)
- Possess some knowledge of Xero.
- Have knowledge of Excel and generally comfortable with using software
- Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy with a good attention to detail
- Be organised, flexible, conscientious and proactive, taking the initiative where needed.
- Show sufficient confidence to follow up on queries and have the verbal and written communication skills to do this.
- Be a team player
Please apply if you are looking for c15 hours per week, can go into London and if you have relevant experience in sales/purchase ledger/accounts payable/receivable.