This dynamic global Management Consultants with a Head Office in Central London is looking to recruit an experienced Purchase Ledger / Accounts Payable Clerk to join its finance team in a sole charge Accounts Payable role. Reporting to the Management Accountant, the role will be the key point of contact for accounts payable queries with responsibility for the efficient management of the purchase invoicing process, from entry through to payment. Key duties include:
- Ensuring all invoices are correctly approved by departmental heads.
- Code and enter all purchase invoices onto the system.
- Preparation of fortnightly payment runs for all suppliers (including international suppliers) and staff expenses.
- Submission of online payment followed by sending all remittances to suppliers.
- Posting all payments made on the banking system including Direct Debits.
- Management of petty cash processes and raising relevant payments.
- Reviewing creditors report, querying aged items and reconciling to control account at month end.
- Preparation of support documentation for audit areas of the purchase ledger.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Purchase Ledger / Accounts Payable Clerk who has worked in a sole role (or in a small team) who can take responsibility for the AP function. Strong reporting, communication and time management skills are key as is the ability to meet tight deadlines. This is an exciting stable opportunity for an experienced Purchase Ledger / Accounts Payable Clerk to join a friendly team.