Finance Manager / Ledger Manager - Our client is a leading interior Construction businesses operating across the UK, with a T/O £80m and an enviable Blue Chip client base across retail, commerce and leisure. The role is based in North West London. Key to the further development of the finance function in supporting the business will be the appointment of a Finance Manager to oversee and manage an established team of 8 staff across the Purchase Ledger and Subcontractors Ledger. Reporting directly to the Finance Director, this is a high profile man-management role which will require an experienced Manager / Supervisor, capable of managing and developing a multi-disciplined team in accounts covering over 50,000 transactions annually.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the team makes all supplier and subcontractor payments effectively and on time, identifying and rectifying issues and be focal point for relevant staff, managers and suppliers.
- Constant review of processes and department strategy to ensure efficient authorisation and processing of transactions across the teams, review and improvement of payment methods.
- Manage the staff development within the purchase and subcontract ledger team, including the setting of objectives, reviewing day-to-day performance and completing appraisals.
- Develop a suite of reports to assess the performance of the department, including the number of invoices processed, average creditor days etc and ensure a proper audit trail.
To succeed and contribute to the business, you will need the following:
- Experience managing a team of at least 7-10 ledger staff covering team development and performance management
- Experience of the construction sector, subcontractors ledger and CIS, managing purchase ledger and accounts payable processes
- Experience in a high volume, systems-rich processing function, preparing and overseeing reconciliations, journals and month-end
- Experience of supplier management, discussing terms and queries both externally with key suppliers and internally with department heads.
We are looking for exceptional candidates who can bring impact, change and progression to a busy growing Purchase Ledger and Subcontractor Ledger function in a highly successful, dynamic, privately owned Construction business onsite in North West London.