Epping / Ilford / Essex / East London borders - our client is an exceptional growing £20m Fashion company - ecommerce and wholesale - with an impressive success story.
This trainee Accounts Assistant role is an excellent opportunity to begin a career in Accounts - the company is seeking a bright candidate to join its Accounts department to be an Accounts Assistant and work closely with - and learn from - the Assistant Accountant and Finance Director.
This Accounts Assistant role will include:
Purchase Ledger / Accounts Payable work:
- Processing supplier invoices and expenses on Excel
- Ensure correct filing of hard copies of supplier invoices
- Seek authorisation and draft the related payment runs
Sales Ledger/Accounts Receivable work:
- Process sales invoices and credit notes on the sales ledger and send to customers
- Process payments received from customers and assist with the reconciliation
- Assist with the approval of debit note process and assist in with invoice factoring
- Produce and circulate weekly aged debtor report
- Assist Business Managers with the collection of debt as required
- Assist Business Managers with production of monthly sales data
- Maintain manual Cashbook for all GBP and USD bank accounts
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for all bank accounts
This Accounts Assistant role is an excellent opportunity to begin a career in Accounts - ideally you will have some knowledge or experience already in Accounts either from studies or work experience.
Strong Excel skills are essential together with a very positive work attitude and a desire to learn. The role will be 5 days in the office so that you can learn from the Assistant Accountant and Finance Director (Essex / East London near Epping). If you show progress, the company can support you in the future with AAT / ACCA / CIMA studies.