Finance Manager - Sports/Hospitality/Leisure
London | £40,000 - £50,000 + benefits | #4549
Sports, Hospitality & Leisure – This private £5m sports and hospitality facility with several sites and revenue streams, seeks an experienced Accountant as its Finance Manager. An interest in sport and hospitality would make this role particularly enjoyable, although quality financial management is the most important.
Reporting to the Chief Executive and working with the General Managers in the business, this hands-on role will take full ownership of the finance function, ensuring strong controls and accurate financial reporting to include:-
• Preparation of monthly management accounts, P&L, balance sheet etc
• Management of working capital, producing accurate weekly cash flows
• Manage two accounts staff and oversee all supplier payments
• Monthly reconciliations and quarterly VAT returns
• Accounting for stock and fixed assets and manage the payroll process
• Manage and develop the use of Sage and gain understanding of booking/EPOS systems
• Preparing and monitoring budgets and ad hoc financial analysis for the business
• Liaise with external accountants re annual statutory accounts and tax
• Take responsibility for IT and HR matters in this small business
An experienced Accountant / Finance Manager / Financial Controller is required with the ability and confidence to run a small finance function and report directly to a Chief Executive. You should be commercially aware and have leadership qualities. In return, you will have a varied and interesting role in a solid enjoyable sports and hospitality environment with an opportunity for the role to grow.
Go back to jobs